Thursday 29 March 2007

Permalink to my Web 2.0 article on Neria's blog

Today I have an easy lesson for you. I want to post a permalink in this entry, so I'll quickly explain what it is:
A permalink is a URL that points to a specific blogging entry even after the entry has passed from the front page into the archives. So, whenever you click on the permalink you'll be directed to the article or resource you're looking for and not just to the front page of that respective blog or website.
Most modern weblogging and content-syndication software systems support such links. Other types of websites also use permalinks, but the term itself is most common within the blogosphere.
Blogging software creators and blog hosting websites have not agreed on a standard format for permalink URLs. Here is the example of the blogspot permalink format:
http://.blogspot.com/<4>/<2>/
.html

Now what do I need this for? I have great news: I had my first guest blogger appearance :) A few days ago I received a comment from Neria saying he liked my blog and used one of my posts in his blog. Of course I checked out his blog and here is the permalink to his post:

http://neriaiansebastien.blogspot.com/2007/03/web-20-as-dania-sees-it.html

I was touched by what I saw on his blog. Neria is a young man who has cancer in an early stage and writes about all kinds of interesting things in his blog. I really like the declaration of love to his "lady of his life". My best wishes are with him that he keeps up his energy, hope, humour and recovers well from his sickness!
Now I feel quite sentimental, knowing how good my life is and how lucky I've been so far.
All the best to all of you,
Dania

2 comments:

Gregory Gerhardt said...

dania, it's great to see how you pick up blogoterm by blogoterm and make the language and the concepts of the web understandable to everybody! it's really good reading, especially because it's not only a technical blog, but a journal of your experiences (my best wishes to Neria!). i'm looking forward to following your vocabulary staircase to the next few floors!! Greg

pa said...

hi, dania thanks for the nice comment. I would like to invite you and your readers to be part of a fundraising venture. http://www.magfundraising.com/Neria
I set this put to make money for treatment and maintain webpages.
All you do is purchase your favourite magazines and journals for a fraction of the price and support a worthy cause