Monday 26 March 2007

Frequency vs. content

Maybe I should expand the topic of my blog. Today is one of those days, where I'm not quite bubbling over with ideas on what to post. It's really not that I've fallen into a blogging lethargy or so. I just had quite a busy day at work and my head is empty. Can't come up with a useful explanation on internet terms at the moment, without doing a bit of research etc. But I do feel some pressure: Ambitious as I am, I feel obliged to post something every two or three day. Why? Because I see that I already have interested people reading my blog! That is sensational, thanks to all of you for visiting my blog! I feel honoured that I'm not the only one reading it.
So, back to my problem, what do you think: Is it better to post a bit more irregular, but only useful information, or do you think it's acceptable to once in a while depart from the topic of the blog (which is for me to provide dummyproof explantions of internet terms), when you can't come up with something good within a reasonable time?
I would use a poll for this one if I knew how it worked... oh well... something more on my to-do-list ;)
Dania

4 comments:

BillyWarhol said...

I Blog from Flickr*

It's often Inspiring to see a Photograph & that can stimulate thought!

Also great for getting exciting Visual Images up on yer Blog quickly + easily!

Cheers Dania! Billy ;))

Peace*

Wayne Smallman said...

Hi Dania!

There's nothing wrong with digressing from time to time.

And similarly, there's nothing wrong with being less frequent, either.

So long as there's an underlying theme, you're good to go!

Speak to you soon...

Anonymous said...

Both is ok. IMHO anything between one post every two weeks up to three posts per day are ok.

Things I read here are definately valuable, even though I'm a blogger for a rather long time and working in the internet industry for ages (did I ever do something different?)

Good luck!
F.

Dave J. said...

One problem I run into with my blog is I sometimes try to force posting. Even if what you have to say is very good, if you are sticking to a single single theme, daily posts can be repetitive. I have even had to delete great articles because I realize later that they are just too much of the same as what I have been writing earlier in the week or month...