Thursday 26 April 2007

RSS Aggregator Tool Wanted

I'm back to work (unfortunately) - my holiday was fantastic! I've just managed to get to the bottom of my mailbox, which took me quite a while. Now I have to get updated about what else happened during my absense. I must admit that I'm quite disorganised in some things and one of them is tracking the blogs I like. There is a good tool that supports people like me getting organised: it's called RSS Feed and you surely all know what it is.

RSS stands for „Really Simple Syndication“. This is a RCT ("really clever technology") used by many blogs and other websites to allow readers to easily keep track of new and updated content. The site creates what’s known as a feed, which consists of headlines and summaries of new or updated articles. One advantage of RSS is that it saves you from regularly visiting your favourite sites to check for new content – if something has been changed, you’ll always know about it.
You can use an aggregator tool to combine the feeds from all your favourite sites. So it is a personalised newsletter delivering web contents to subscribers. When you subscribe to a site, you are actually telling your aggregator to make itself aware of any changes to that particular RSS feed. For easy consumption all the information you wish is presented in one screen.
One of my next tasks is to find a nice aggregator tool and put in all the sites I want to track. Any suggestions from your side? I haven't had time to do any research yet. Work is calling...
Have a sunny day,
Dania

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Google Reader, no doubt.